Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Listener/ Tori Kelly/ self-deprecating and funny

Oct. 30 The Listener: I was checking to see if anyone made any comments on my blog and someone did on my Aug. 14, 2009 post “job search/ birthday/ motivation.”  I wrote this:

Aug. 13 The Listener: I was watching it, and I realized that Craig Olejnik has a tattoo on his right wrist. He was passing papers to this woman, and I saw it. I don't know what it is. It's a quick glimpse. It could be a Chinese character meaning "centre."

Anonymous say: the tattoo in The Listener is an Ankh, an Egyptian hieroglyph that means "life" ;)


I Google it, and here it says Ankh means life.


Lasik MD: One of my co-workers got laser eye vision.  I thought I would check it out since it’s a free consultation at City Centre mall.  The receptionist was really professional and gave me this folder with brochures and information.  The consultation would be 2-3hrs long.  The brochure says the process results is “corneal shape that is closer to the normal curvature of the natural eye.”

The people who would benefit it are people with higher-than-average prescription, thinner- than- average corneas.

I read about the important question I want answered: “Can I become blind?”  It says there are 1.4 million procedures per yr in the USA, and 140,000 procedures done in Canada.  From infection with scarring is 1/50,000.

I thought about it, and it’s an elective surgery.  I don’t 100% need or want perfect vision.  Maybe when I’m really old and my eye sight gets really bad, then I will think about it.

Nov. 4 Neighbors: I was on Facebook, and one of my NAIT friends complained about her neighbors parking in her parking spot.  My friend has a young kid who can’t walk, so it’s an inconvenience.  One of the comments from her friend was that there was a time, she had that experience too.  She pulled up her car from across the street, and asked her neighbors to carry the groceries into her house because she was carrying a baby.  The neighbors helped her and were apologetic.  They really didn’t think about where they parked their car and how it affected the neighbors.

Tori Kelly: I found this great song cover of Michael Jackson’s “PYT”.  Here is Tori Kelly singing and playing her acoustic guitar.  She’s got a great voice:


Here’s her singing Justin Timberlake: “Suit and Tie”:


My name: I was checking out names for characters and I found this good website called www.sheknows.com.  They tell you about the meaning and the origin.  They also tell you about the “SoulUrge” number and “Expression” number that tells you about your personality.

The name Tracy is a baby boy name.

Rate this name:

This name has 0 vote.
Anglo-Saxon Meaning:
The name Tracy is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Tracy is: Brave.
American Meaning:
The name Tracy is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Tracy is: Brave.
Latin Meaning:
The name Tracy is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Tracy is: Bold.
Greek Meaning:
The name Tracy is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Tracy is: Harvester.
English Meaning:
The name Tracy is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Tracy is: From Thracia. Surname dating from before the Norman conquest.
French Meaning:
The name Tracy is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Tracy is: From Thracia. Surname dating from before the Norman conquest.
SoulUrge Number: 1
People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Expression Number: 22
People with this name tend to be a powerful force to all whose lives they touch. They are capable, charismatic leaders who often undertake large endeavors with great success. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become impractical and rigid.


Nov. 4 Self-deprecating and funny:

Comedy Network: Here’s one from a stand-up comedian on Comedy Network.  It was back in 2000.

Comedian: So the other day I bought a box of condoms
 
There is a pause.
A guy in the audience says: “Ow, yeah!”
There is a pause.
Comedian: Because my last one was expired.
The audience laughs.


Andrew Bush: This was from 1999.  I was watching the TV show Street Cents and the host Andrew Bush was ranting about Levi’s jeans.

Bush: The Levi’s jeans have these yellow lines on the back pockets that don’t bring anything.  At least with cargo pants there are these big pockets where you can put a bunch of stuff in them.  C’mon, I used to wear sweat pants up until I was in gr. 9.  I also wore suspenders too so people won’t pull them down.

The Simpsons: Groundskeeper Willy does a stand-up comedy routine for the talent show, and he tells a few jokes.  No one laughs so he gets angry and lashes out at the audience.

Willy: Oh is that it?  You don’t think Willy is funny unless he’s on his hands and knees cleaning up your kid’s puke?!
The audience laughs.
Willy: Oh, thank you everybody, you’ve been a great audience!

Feedback: I feel like Groundskeeper Willy from the above scene.  I send 3 weekly emails and no one replies.  I like feedback.  It’s been about 5 days since I sent that “Sears/ effort quotes/ charity work” email asking for my friends (and blog readers) if there are any ways I should go in my career and life.

I remember the days of 2005-2006 where I send like 3 little emails every day.  That’s a lot and one of my friends told me to stop sending so many emails.  I knew I was getting kind of annoying with it so I decided to send 2 emails a week.  So that was more manageable.  It was in 2006 “The Year of Anger Management” where I got laid off from Call Centre #1 and I was feeling angry, lonely, and bored so that’s why I wrote so much.

I wanted the instantaneous feedback from my friends.  Well, I got to get over it and get used to the fact that there is only a little feedback here and there.  Like I may get a reply from my friend Sherry once every one or two weeks depending on the topic.  There was that one time I did send an important email asking: “Is this job a scam?” and my friends Sherry, Angela, and Leslie all said it was.  Or that other one where I asked the same question about a different job, and Sherry and Leslie said it seemed legit.

I do like feedback because there are some things that I have no idea about.  For example like that time I accidentally offended my friend and she said she didn’t like how I leave messages on her phone expecting her to be there at the time of a Sat. afternoon.  Or that time way back in 2006 my friend Jessica said my 2 weekly emails are too long.  

So I adjust accordingly: Don’t leave messages on this person’s phone and don’t make my emails so long.

No comments: