Sunday, October 28, 2012

microfinancing/ Pattie Mallete/ life tips

Oct. 1 Micro-financing: Jay Smith sent me this article called "A
Newbie's Guide toMicro- financing."  I thought it was going to be about
finance,but it's about charity. In developing countries, there often aren't any
banks so there are micro-financing organizations.

They give a little money to poor people so they can finance their own
business and work out of poverty.  I'm getting a vague flashback of reading
a charity like this in the  newspaper. It was a different name.  They
mentioned the charity Kiva.  On the site:

How it works:

1. Choose a borrower.
2. Make a loan.
3. Get repaid.
4. Repeat!

http://www.onlinebusinessdegree.org/2012/08/16/a-newbies-guide-to-microfinancing/

http://www.kiva.org/

Oct. 3 Johnny K. Lewis: I read this in 24 on Sept. 28.  He is an actor
and was on the TV show The Sausage Factory.  He allegedly
murderedhis 81 yr old land lady Catherine Davis.  It looks like a
blunt force trauma to the head.  LAPD Andrew Smith says: "...then
this individual (Lewis) ranoutside, had an altercation with a couple of
neighbors, ran back into the houseand by the time we got here, he had
 fallen or had somehow died on the driveway."  It mentioned he was
arrested last month.

I went on Wikipedia, and it says he has mental health issues,
chemical dependency issues, and was arrested 3 times from 2011
 to present.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Lewis

Pattie Mallete: She is Justin Bieber's mom and she wrote a memoir
called Nowhere But Up.  She was 18 when she gave birth to JB.  Her
story is really about the tragedies she went through like deaths in the
family, sexual abuse, and a suicide attempt.

Her sister Sally died when she was 5, because she was hit by a car.
Her dad left her family when she was 2.  He was trying to reconnect
with his family, and then he died suddenly.

Oct. 4: She was sexually abused my men and women.  One was a
friend's grandfather and another was a male baby- sitter.  As a
teenager, Mallette became so depressed, she stepped in front of a
oncoming truck. The truck swerved, and Malette was in the psych
ward of the Stratford General Hospital.

This is why she wrote the book: "I had to just keep remembering the
only reason I wrote this book was to help other people.  So I knew
that it was going to be painful putting itdown on paper.  Some things
are even still painful to talk about."

"But you know, I'm so much more healed today than I was and I
really want to help other people get to that place as well."

"...It's good for me to have time to focus on this book and my
message and being able to help other people and do my own
thing."

Dirty Radio: I always hear this song on the radio, but I don't
know what it's called or who's it by.  I was listening to 91.7
The Bounce and they tell you all the music they play on their
website.  I looked it up and the song is
"My Heart" by Dirty Radio feat.Sherry St. Germain.

This is a good song to dance to.  The band is 3 guys from Vancouver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY_CnJEB_SU

Oct. 7 Vector Marketing: I was rereading my blog post careers for
"shy people/human resources/ retirement."  One comment was:

Kev: The secretary had the nerve to tell me, you have to wear proper
attire for the interview. NO *** even mcdonalds require a button shirt
and tie for interview. Thats how stupid she was.

I then went back to the link and pulled another comment from him:
http://www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Vector-Marketing/Vector-marketing-Big-scam/t8961

Kev: The first time they called me the secretary said their openings
werevery limited.The secretary was a liar, and she told me she I
had to go there that day for the interview. I told her I had school
and then 3 weeks later as stupid as she is, she called me back and
said we forgot to schedule you for an interview.  If the openings
were so limited why they post the ad up on job searches everyday?

Me: It seems Kev sounds angry that the secretary thought he was
stupid if he didn't dress up for the interview.  Also he was dissing
the secretary, but by all means, theboss told her to say those things
and she was just following orders.

Electric companies: Allen Miller sent me this article "10 Reasons
Non- RegulatedElectricity Companies Raise Prices."  It's actually
informative.  Here's #1:

"If the cost of the fuel source for the electricity goes up, the cost of
the electricity itself will follow suit. For instance, electricity
 generated from coal will be priced according to the price and
 availability of coal supplies."

"#6 Transitioning from non-renewable to renewable energy sources"
 raises prices.

I thought that's more interesting than: "Have you noticed every time
before a long weekend comes, the gas prices are raised?  That's to
make moremoney off all the people going away on the weekend."

http://www.electricityproviders.net/blog/2012/10-reasons-non-deregulated-electricity-companies-raise-prices/

Oct. 8 Dress code: I want to add some more about that Vector
Marketing rant about telling you how to dress for a job interview. 
In 2010, I did a group interview at Abercrombie and Fitch with 4 teens. 
I was the only one dressed in a button down shirt and dress pants. 
The others were wearing jeans and t-shirts.  Then again, it's a clothing
store and not a really professional place to
work at so you don't have to dress up for it. 

Oct. 13 Infographic: I found this on my Freelance Writer emails.
"Everything that Happens in One Day on the Internet." 
2 million blog posts are written. 
22 million hours of old TV shows and movies are watched on Netflix.

http://www.businessinsider.com/everything-that-happens-in-one-day-on-the-internet-2012-3?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feedutm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Falleyinsider%2Fsilicon_alley_insider+%28Silicon+Alley+Insider%29&goback=.gde_101577_member_100853840

Lonely: I got a flashback of this ex-friend of mine who lived next
door. The one I taught alesson when I went to Calgary without
telling her. She was needy.  She needs to learn the lesson as a kid,
because when she gets older, life is going to get busier. 

What if she got to jr. high, there will be times your friends will
have lessons they need to go to.  They get to high school and
they can get jobs, here's more school work to do.  Of course,
what if your friend gets a boyfriend?

I've been reading teen magazines since I was like 10 yrs old
because my sister bought them and read them.  They always
mention about friends cutting their time with you, so they can
spend it with their boyfriends.  I was prepared for that when
I got to high schooland one of my friends got a boyfriend.

Life tips: I went shopping in City Centre as my break.  I see
the new  Cosmopolitan magazine and it gave some life tips.

1. Start a blog.  You can then record your life and see if you're
making any progress and shows the passage of time.

2. When someone asks what you want for lunch or anything,
don't say "I don't care."  Say what you think, what you feel.

3. A lot of experts have said to collect pictures and post them
up on a big piece of paper so you can see it and get excited
about it.  Kind of like a "vision board" in the book The Secret

I remember reading Shay Mitchell (from Pretty Little Liars)
aying she has an "inspiration board" with clippings and sayings.

F--- a Therapist:
Tonya Fleetwood sent me this "F--- a Therapist." 
I saw the first episode of a stick figure going to see a therapist. 
I rate it PG-13, 14+. The humor is a little rude. It's average.  The
lead character is kind of snarky and a psychopath.

http://fuckatherapist.com/

No comments: