Thursday, July 12, 2012

mental health/ Tyra Banks show/ friend/ fake people

Jun. 29 Mental health: I talked to my career counselor and the last session she said: "I think you need to see a psychologist.  There are some things I can't help you with.  It doesn't mean I think you're crazy or that you have a mental illness.  I see a psychologist sometimes myself."

We seem to touch on the subject about how I hate being fake.  When you're at work, you have to act a certain way, and I feel it can be fake.  But I have to think of it this way: "You're not being fake.  You're being professional."  Here are some examples:

Facebook: I got a flashback of 2007 when I was I college.  I was in a legal course, and the discussion was of how people are fake on Facebook.  This girl Tenille wrote about how she agrees with that statement while a guy disagrees with her.  T reads about one of her friend's Facebook profile where she lists like 20 books that she likes, and how she loves her family and friends, and how they are the most important people in her life.

Then she met a guy, and she totally changed her profile.  She went from listing 20 books to only 1 book that she likes.  She talks about how she lives life to the extreme and how she loves sports.  Her friends asked her why she totally changed her profile.  She is so fake.  It didn't even seem like she actually changed.

Jun. 30 Tyra Banks show: This was a long time ago, like 4 or 5 yrs ago.  Tyra interviewed these 3 bad girls who were in their early 20s.  They were well-dressed.  This still has an influence on me.  First was an African- American girl and she kind of waving her finger around and giving attitude.  Then there was a white girl and she had long brown and reddish hair.  She was kind of laughing and smiling as she was talking.  The other girls laughed along.

Then the 3rd was a African- American woman and she waved her finger and was being sassy, by saying: "I don't think there's any girl out there who doesn't like being bad."  It was a couple of min. of them talking and I was getting annoyed by them.  I didn't like them, and I didn't know why.  I think it's because Tyra didn't ask the question like: "What's the baddest thing you've ever done?"

They seemed like they were proud and smug for being bad, and giving attitude.  After all 3 girls spoke, Tyra made a comment.

Tyra: You guys are so fake.
The entire audience applauds.
Tyra: You guys are like performing.  (To the audience).  I don't know if you know what a pilot is.  A pilot is the first episode of a TV show.  I did a pilot of this show before and there were girls on this show and they were performing. 

They actually showed a clip of it.  You can tell it's old because Tyra had her red hair back then.  So the thing is, I hate fake people.  I got to give points for Tyra being smart enough to know they're fake.  I didn't like these girls, but I didn't know why.

Actors: Though Tyra does lose a few points in this segment called "Panel of Haters."  I was on twop.com and it was a few yrs ago.  There was a link to this website that one of the people on the show Vecente was really an actor.

Here's the clip where Vecente is a black guy, and he's dissing this black couple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGa0XWLzde0

It's going to be really hard to find the exact website, but somebody sent Vecente a message: "You were so mean to this couple on the Tyra Banks show."

Vecente (paraphrase): I didn't mean any of those mean things that I said on the show.  I'm a paid actor and I went on the show to get exposure for myself and get paid.  The producers told me and the other actors to say mean things.

Me: I don't really know who to believe.  I can't really confirm info if Vecente is a paid actor or talk to a producer.  If I had to choose, I would believe Vecente.  Well what's easier for a producer to do?  Put an ad out: "Are you really judgmental and mean?  Do you want to go on TV to say those things?" 

It's just easier to get actors to say mean things, and the show will get ratings.  Maybe there are mean people out there who would say mean things on TV, but from what I remembered, Vecente seemed sincere in his email that he was an actor.

Jul. 1 Teen pregnancy: I can pretty much say that if you're laughing and smiling when you're talking, then you are fake.  However, in the Tyra Banks episode "The Teen Pregnancy Epidemic" where Sue- Ann is talking about wanting to have a baby, she was real. 

If you watch the 5:53 sec part where she says: "My boyfriend says if I ever got pregnant with his baby, he would stick around."  The audience laughs at her and she laughs along, because she's not really offended by that.  Then her mom is crying when she's telling her how hard it is to have a baby.  Sue- Ann starts crying because her mom's crying.  Either Sue-Ann is a really good actress to cry on cue, or these are real tears.  They looked like real tears to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_W6QtmuDMU

Jul. 2 Dateline: Once again, I'm going to mention about that 35 yr old guy dating a 12 yr old girl on Dateline: To Catch a Predator.  When the girl asks him: "Did you bring any condoms?"  He said: "No, I didn't.  I thought we should get to know each other a bit first, and then I'll bring condoms next time." 

I saw right through him.  I'm sure all of you guys were thinking: "C'mon, that was freebie.  Anybody can see right through him."  I hate the guy because he's a sexual predator, but besides that it's because he was so fake.  He was going to pretend to be in love with a 12 yr old girl.

Jul. 3 Dr. Phil: I'm going to throw in Dr. Phil.  I haven't seen this show since 2006.  I quit after the 3rd season.  I have seen 1 ep this year though.  I'm going to give you an example:

In 2006, this mom writes: "My daughter thinks money grows on trees.  How do I teach her hard work?"  So the teen girl goes to this farm and digs manure and farm chores.  She says: "I feel like Paris Hilton in The Simple Life."  Then later she shows to the camera: "I got dirt under my finger nails."  After they aired the video, the audience laughs and so does the girl and her parents.  It was a 20min. segment and the girl learned her lesson.

I thought it was boring.  Then I went on twop.com and someone said: "This girl obviously has a narcissistic personality disorder.  She probably begged her mom to write to Dr. Phil just so she can get on TV."  I immediately got angry.

I guess I was little angry at myself for not being able to see right through her.  After I read that comment, I was like: "Of course she made up this problem to get on TV!  It's not a hard or serious problem to solve.  They all looked they had a good time."  I was angry at the girl for being fake, and her parents for being fake and helping her get on the show.  Also at Dr. Phil for not being able to see she's fake.

Twins: Some episodes later, I was able to apply my "BS detector."  I made that phrase up.  There were these twins women on the show who were in their 40s.  About 5min. in I knew they were fake.  They were laughing and smiling and holding their hands.  They were having fun and looking at the audience to talk and not at Dr. Phil.  At least Dr. Phil could see through them this time.

Dr. Phil: You see what's around me?  The screens says "Dr. Phil" because it's my show.  You guys are looking at the audience and getting reactions from them instead of talking to me.

He didn't really say they were fake.  He was saying that it was his show and helping them with the problem of them being competitive with each other.  If they did have a problem with each other, they wouldn't be laughing and smiling.  They would be arguing and crying.  This is not a dysfunctional relationship at all.  In fact, they look like they got along way better than my siblings and I do!  I say our relationships are okay, but we don't totally have fun like they do.    

Jul. 7 Friend: I got a flashback of 2006 when I went to Capital Ex with my friend Leslie.

Leslie: Do you want to know why you get so angry watching Dr. Phil?
Me: No, why?
Leslie: Because you take it too personal.

That was like an epiphany.  She didn't take psychology in college, and I don't think she took it in high school either.  I took it in gr.11 and once in college.  She was so accurate.  I realized: "That guy isn't looking at you the wrong way, that guy is looking at Dr. Phil the wrong way.  That guy isn't disrespecting you, that guy is disrespecting the cop on Cops."

She was reading my emails and that's what she thought.  I can stop taking it personal.  I'll just stop watching these TV shows altogether. 

No comments: