Sunday, July 1, 2012

copyright/ behavior/ book

Jun. 18 Copyright: I got this from Twitter:
"Keep a detailed log of all meetings, calls, and queries you’ve sent. This means keeping track of who you’ve talked to and what was said. This will help if there are any legal questions (like if somebody tries to steal your ideas) and it will also help you keep a record of contacts you’ve made. Never hesitate to contact an attorney."
I already do that.  I have a folder of all the things I've worked on related to getting The Vertex Fighter script produced.

http://www.filmslatemagazine.com/filmmaking/how-to-protect-your-screenplay

Behavior: Today I got an email from a producer.  He also said I was abrupt.  I have improved a lot.  Whenever I get angry or agitated, I close my eyes for a few moments and think of something else.  It helps.

Over the weekend, I met up with this guy.  I would say I had fun.  But then we went to a store, and he was talking to a sales guy about buying something.  I think I was there for 15 min. just looking around.  I was bored because he was talking to someone else. 

However, I remember that time I went shopping with my friend Leslie last summer.  I was getting bored and said: "Let's go somewhere else."  She's like: "I'm shopping."  I have learned to be more patient.  I was at the Apple store with Leslie.  This time, I was at the pet store with a guy.  So I looked around and browsed.
Jun. 20 Lights Film School: The Edmonton Film School did lead me to the Lights Film School.  It's an online film school.

http://www.lightsfilmschool.com/program/index.html

Jun. 21 Envy Productions: I was going through my bookmarks and found "Envy Production Casting Calls in Nov."  I then Googled it and it promotes night clubs in Toronto and London, so it's not a TV production company.  I deleted the bookmark.

http://www.facebook.com/EnvyProduction

Green with Envy Productions: It lead me to this TV production company.  However, it seems to be more about theatre like the Winnipeg and Montreal Fringe Festival.  It does have a little film section.

http://www.greenwithenvyproductions.ca/film_kz.html

Plus One Publishing: I was going through my notes and I found that I wrote down "Plus One Books- local publishing company."  It lead me to Plus One Publishing which is based in Los Angeles.  They have a book called Why He's My Ex.  Here's the website, it looks pretty cool:    


http://www.plusonepublishing.com/About_Us.html
"Plus One Publishing is a boutique book publisher. Plus One specializes in dating, relationship, humor, photography, pop culture, film production, urban life, travel, quirky and fun themes. We enjoy telling stories with both words and pictures.

Our mission is to entertain, inform and share."

Plus One Books: However, in my notes it did say "local publishing company."  I'm not sure when I wrote down the note.  Maybe 2009.  I Googled "Plus One Books Edmonton", but there wasn't anything.

Plus One Press: I did find this small publishing company in San Francisco.


I also wrote down "workopolis.com" in the notes.  I haven't been to that site in a long time, but I'll guess I'll check it out.

Jun. 22: So that "behavior" section was really about a date I went on.  I can honestly say I had fun when we were discussing movies.  However, I tried to email him today and it turns out he blocked me.  I was kind of surprised.  Whatever, it's not like I was really attracted to him or anything.  I'm over it.

Jun. 24 Personality quiz: I had applied to another office and then I got an email to do a personality quiz.  When I looked at it, I think I have done the same quiz when I applied at this other office last year.  There are group of words and you check which word describes the most like you and which is least like you.  It's like those personality quizzes I used to do in those teen magazines.

Book: Maybe it's the law of attraction working here.  The other day, my sister got the book Are You Smart Enough to Work at Google? by William Poundstone.  I read 2 chapters and it's a really good book.  I read the chapter about weird interview questions.  At Zappos, a question was: "How crazy are you from a scale of 1 to 10?"  If you say 1, then you're not very creative and won't get hired.  If you say 10, then you are too much of a loose cannon.

Pick somewhere in the middle, and you are creative. 


Jun. 25 Telemarketer: Today I went to pick up my paycheck from my telemarketer job.  I see 3 more new people being trained.  Last time I was there, I saw a guy being trained.  It must be the law of attraction, because I went to deposit my paycheck, I bumped into this girl who I worked there with. 

She said she quit after 3 days, even though she made a sale.  She said she was ripped off because though she made a sale, she didn't get the commission.  I told her she may get a second paycheck because I did.  We were both trained together.

TV production: It must be the law of attraction or a coincidence, but I got 2 job leads in the TV production industry, so I applied there.

No comments: