Thursday, November 18, 2010

funny video/ 20/20/ John of God

Nov. 11 Funny video: I found this on Yahoo about a woman who was on Wheel of Fortune and solved the puzzle with one letter. She guessed "L" and then said: "I would like to solve the puzzle. 'I got a good feeling about this.'"

Pat Sajek: Yes, that is correct.
I burst out laughing! She guessed one letter and was able to solve the puzzle. I always thought Wheel of Fortune isn't a game with a lot of skill, but fun. I have to say I was impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=los4ndpEqYs&feature=player_embedded

I was reading the Youtube comments and this other person mentioned Family Guy because I was thinking that too. Peter Griffin was on the show and he guessed the Batman symbol and was able to solve the puzzle.

Nov. 15 Joke: I was talking to my friend Angela the other day and she said she was kind of confused of the email where Oprah went camping with someone and she didn't know it was.

Me: It's Gayle, Oprah's best friend.
A: Yeah, well I don't really know Oprah so I wouldn't know her friend.

Then I thought: "Of course she doesn't know. Gayle doesn't have her own talk show." lol.
Oprah gives her friends talk shows like Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, Suze Orman, and Nate Berkus.

20/20: It was kind of funny on 20/20. Everybody knows the Better Business Bureau because they grade companies and can tell which company is bad so you can stay away from them. But how do they grade them? It turns out companies pay BBB to give them good grades.

Someone played a trick on BBB. The guy's face is hidden, but he signed up his fake company Hamas and gave a real credit card number. BBB got $400 and graded it an A. Hamas is a terrorist group. Then the trick was done again with a white supremacist group under the name Aryan Whiting and with a real credit card number. These tricks are kind of expensive to play on a company, but the point was made. BBB will give good grades to anyone who will pay them.

The BBB president said it was a mistake and quickly took down the fake companies. He was supposed to be there for 1hr, but left at 45min.

Happiness: I read in the Globe and Mail that a way to be happy is to write a love letter to yourself everyday. It's free and it's easy. Imagine you are your future self 5 yrs into the future. Then write a letter to the person you are now. Think of how 5 yrs from now your problems are solved and the solutions to it. The happy feelings last for months after wards.

Nov. 16 16 and Pregnant: I finished reading all the twop.com comments on the Samantha episode last season. It's about a Latino girl who had a boyfriend named Eric. S's mom kept them apart, but E's mom helped them get back together, then S ended up pregnant.

S's mom Soledad was a teen mom herself, and here's the cycle repeating again. S had a friend who said: "Once you start having sex, you can't prevent pregnancy." That was so stupid, but at least her other friend said: "There's birth control pills, condoms, etc." E seemed like a nice and good guy. He went to school and worked at Subway. He was a little immature, but at least he's going to school and has a job.

E treated S with respect unlike the other boyfriends on this show. He stepped up and took responsibility for his kid. There was some updates like E and his dad are going to work at an oil rig and S got a job at Best Buy. I read comments that this is the best case scenario with both families helping out, the father of the baby stepping up, they both have homes, going to school and work. However, even with all that, it's still really hard to be a teen mom.

Writing: I have pitched my script to a bunch of production companies and I have a flood of rejects coming in. I was discouraged for a bit, but that's okay. One woman producer rejected after reading the script, but gave me helpful comments. I'll use that and I thanked her. Then a guy emailed me back saying he's interested in reading it so I sent him the script.

I even emailed my talent Kit Cope and Giles Panton giving them an update. I haven't emailed them since July.

Nov. 17: After that I emailed 28 more production companies, because yesterday I only emailed 2 back. I went and took time to watch TV.

Sick day: Today I woke up sick. I felt like throwing up, but didn't. I didn't eat breakfast. I was awake for 20min and was reading a bit of the newspaper. My sister comes up.

S: Did the Globe and Mail come?
Me: I didn't check.
S: What do you do all day?
Me: I feel sick.

S always asks: "What do you do all day?" because I'm unemployed. I actively look for a job and this morning I woke up early so I could get to my orientation for work. I'm annoyed that S asks me that when I woke up 20 min ago. It's hardly a day. lol.

I went to orientation, it was 2 hrs of listening to a lecture and watching a video. I did tell HR that I may not be able to make it on Fri. since I'm sick today. I went home and read the newspaper and concentrated on getting better.

John of God: I watched Oprah about "John of God." It's this Brazilian guy who's a miracle healer. There is footage of him cutting an egg sized tumor out of a man, scraping a woman's eye, putting scissors through people's nose to the brain, without anesthesia. O talked to doctors who saw it first hand and the patients who went through surgery without anesthesia. They reported no pain.

Nov. 18: I'm feeling a bit better today. Took some Tums for my sour stomach, and Ibuprofen. My sister was the one who gave Ibuprofen to me.

Guest article: This woman emailed me this article. I thought it was average and fun to read. Check it out.

Hi Tracy,

We would love to share with you an article that we just posted on our own blog! “10 People I’d Love to Talk to On The Phone” (http://www.landlinephoneservice.net/blog/2010/10-people-id-love-to-talk-to-on-the-phone/) would be an interesting story for your readers to check out and discuss on your blog, so we hope you will consider sharing it!

Thanks for your time!

Lindsay Willison.

No comments: